10.29.2007

i'm feeling better

I should post about my groin more often...I get great comments when I do.

Thursday, I did 30 min on a stationary bike (no problems, except in the dressing room putting my shorts on which hurt like hell) and by the end of it felt loose enough to try a little light jogging. I managed 0.25 mile before it was clear I wasn't ready for that yet.

Friday was rest, except for walking.

Saturday I did a 3-mile dogwalk in the morning, and felt good so I hit the gym, did some weights, and then figured I'd give the treadmill another whirl. Started very slow, felt good, and gradually ramped up my speed. Was a little tight through the first 15 minutes, then felt fine. Ended up finishing 5 miles in 43 minutes (typically this takes me 38-40). So that's pretty good.

No pain since.

I should mention I was taking ibuprofen at 3x 800mg/d the whole time, and am now tapering that off.

Still don't know what the hell this was/is, but the intensity of the pain and the rapidity of (apparent) recovery don't really make much sense to me. But I'm not complaining.

1 comment:

Gino said...

ok, now that you mention how it ended up, i think you shook the maracas a little too hard.
its happened here, and the cure was the same.
rest, mostly.