7.14.2010

(in which i celebrate fleeting explicatives)

--This is fucking brilliant.

--This is fucking infuriating. Fuck these pathetic death-worshiping fascists sideways with a bacon-wrapped cock.

--This is just fucking gross. Seriously, can I have one freaking month without Palin family drama in the news? Forget the particulars of Palin's politics: it is beyond me how anyone--particularly anyone who claims to believe in "family values"--can see past the way this woman has crassly parlayed what by all rights ought to be private family matters (like the birth of a developmentally disabled child, a teenage pregnancy, and the on-again, off-again relationships that just about every young adult has at some point) into fodder for her ongoing political/moneymaking enterprise. Believe me, I want nothing more than to respect the private lives of the Palins. But they won't fucking let us.

5 comments:

RW said...

Too late. Sarah Palin is going to be President someday, and we'll get the government we deserve. I mean, since the best and the brightest eschew the political arena, we get what we get I suppose.

Brian said...

Well, if nothing else it will represent a major leap forward for that massively disenfranchised group: good-looking, middle class, evangelical white women. FINALLY they have a VOICE!

RW said...

Yes because presumably they haven't been anywhere close to the power in the entire history of the United states...

RW said...

Not me. Being one, I know we suck.

Brian said...

"- but arent you happy that a family is being reunited?"

In theory, sure, though I'm pretty agnostic about whether those two actually have a future together (and more to the point, I don't care.) What I was really referring to is that this sort of thing is playing out on the cover US Weekly.

I could totally respect Sarah Palin going all momma bear on anyone who says anything about her family *at all* if she didn't so regularly and nakedly trot them out as props.

The Obamas, Bushes, and Clintons all have/had young to youngish kids while in the White House, and I don't recall anything like this. If anything, they fought hard to keep them out of the public eye. Say what you will about any of them, I think they all made a good faith effort to do right by their kids in an environment where it is unimaginably hard to do so.

Palin seems to seek this shit out. And it's gross.