3.02.2012

paul constant goes to a mitt romney rally...

...so you don't have to.

I've been to every rally held by every major Republican presidential candidate in the greater Seattle area this month. And I didn't attend these rallies in the cushy press boxes, safely back from the candidates, with a great view and perfect sound. I attended these rallies the way everyone does, among the supporters, in the thick of it, and I can tell you that I hate the Romney crowd worse than all the others...

Everyone in line believed they were too special to be standing in line. They complained that volunteers got to get in first, when they personally knew Washington Republican Party Chair Kirby Wilbur. They grumbled about having to stand outside, and how organizers would be hearing from them. They sent their spouses out to scour the line ahead, to see if there were friends who would help them cut in for a better position. The self-entitlement was thick, is what I'm saying. There were so many centers of the universe in line that the entire galaxy should have collapsed in on Bellevue under the strain.

He ends with an anecdote that is so perfect, it strains credulity. But an entertaining read, in any case. 

2 comments:

Paul Constant said...

Howdy! Thanks for the link. (I have a Google alert. I am not proud.) The assholes at the rally behind me absolutely said that. The thing I've learned about attending Republican rallies is that you just sit there and listen and ridiculous things will happen all around you. You just have to take notes.

Anyway, you don't have to believe me, but I promise it's true.

Brian said...

Hi Paul!

Thanks for the note. FWIW, I do believe you.

Hope to run into you at the KCGOP Convention next month. I see that we are both delegates.