8.08.2006

adventures in vagrancy

For the first time in my life, I just resigned from a job. Weird.

To be completely accurate, I gave my notice that I will be resigning in a month, to take another job. It just seems strange, because other than a part-time gig at Jesus's Chicken Shack when I was 16, every other job I've ever had has been for a predetermined limited time or was tied to my status as a student. So I've never had to quit--they just ended.

The time between my end date and my start date of the next job is 10 days. We relinquish our rental 3 days after my job ends. I don't know when we will close on the house we hope to buy, but it probably won't be until we get to where we're going, which will take at least 5 days.

So for about a week next month, I will be both homeless and jobless.

Awesome.

3 comments:

chris said...

You're never homeless in your heart. Wait, sorry, I meant Marietta.

Brian said...

Aw, thanks...

Megs said...

Every person's fantasy...to be that free and know that it will only last for a week