8.20.2006

book meme (or, the brief return of lazy blogging)

Blogging has been sparse. I don't apologize--life beckons. It will continue to be sparse until at least the end of September, when I will be coming to you live from a new house and a new time zone. Details, if you care, can be found over multiple posts here.

Anyway, I saw this one over at Henley's place, and I thought it was cool, so I decided to grab it even though I wasn't tagged.

One book that changed your life:


It's cliche, but if I'm being honest, I can't think of another single book that shook up the way I thought the way Atlas Shrugged did.

One book you have read more than once:

Dancing Naked in the Mind Field by Kary Mullis

One book that you would want on a desert island:

Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child


One book that made you laugh:


Novel by George Singleton

One book that made you cry:

Atonement by Ian McEwan


One book you wish had been written:


I wish that Bill Hicks had written a book before he died.

One book you wish had never been written:

I don't know--pick any insidious self-help book that reduces the complexities of human relations into catchy slogans and simple answers.

One book you are currently reading:

American Pastoral by Phillip Roth


One book you have been meaning to read:


Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain

Now tag five people:

Anybody who wants to, run with it...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

One book that changed your life:
The power of postive thinking..
I tend to be very negative i believe i am a realist apprently others think I am negative..
One book you have read more than once:
Thorn Birds ...I can't help myself I just love the storyline ..
One book that you would want on a desert island:
The Bible ...I could then occupy my time with acting out the storylines ...
One book that made you laugh:
Undomesticated Godess ..such a crazy gal ...
One book that made you cry:
Three Day Journey ..yanked my heart out ...cried like a baby ..
One book you wish had been written:
Time Travel ..Where to begin...
One book you wish had never been written:
Any Harlequin Romance Crap ...it gives us false hope of finding Mr Right because they always screw up ..
One book you are currently reading:
Fools'Crow ... its about One famous Chief ..very God Like in his thought and actions...I wish I could find that type of man now..sighh ...
One book you have been meaning to read: Sciencetolgy ..I want to research the history of it ..than maybe i can better understand Tom Cruise ..

Kyle said...

Life-changer: Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand to be sure. But How We Know What Isn't So by Tom Gilovich more recently.

Book read more than once: Panati's Book of Beginnings

Desert Island: The People's Almanac

Made me Laugh: Still Life with Woodpecker by Tom Robbins

Made me cry: A Dog Year by Jon Katz most recently

Book I wish had been written: Anything by me.

Book I am reading: My Other Life by Paul Theroux

Book I have been meaning to read: Freakonomics by Stephen Leavitt

Brian said...

Freakonomics is muy entertaining. I think I read it in a day one time in Mexico.