11.06.2006

if you must vote tomorrow

...please make sure that you are doing it in self defense.

Me, I'm sitting this one out for a number of reasons, chief among them that at this point I really don't care about anything I could be voting for. It's a slow year in NC, and between Durham and Chapel Hill, the odds of my newly adopted congressional district electing anyone other than a Democrat are approximately equal to the odds that I will convert to Islam.

If I still lived in AZ, I would almost certainly be voting against Randy Graf and John Kyl (notice how they are both suspiciously missing letters from their names?) though I am at a loss for a single reason to vote for their opponents.

I will, however, venture a prediction, which I base on absolutely nothing factual or uniquely insightful: the Democrats will win both houses tomorrow (the House comfortably, the Senate just barely, and there will likely be recounts involved in the latter) and the next two years will be so spectacularly unspectacular that another Republican will coast into the White House in 2008.

You heard it here first.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you mean hillary is changing parties?

chris said...

Eww, yuck. On first skim, I thought that first comment read "changing panties."

chris said...

And by the way, I think that not voting may mean that you lose privileges to complain about politics until the next campaign season. Not that it was your reason for living in the first place.

Brian said...

No, no, no.

Participation implies approval.

If one continues to support this charade, one has no right to complain about the fact that the outcome continues to be. Exactly. The. Same.

chris said...

Your silent protest is surely heard 'round the world.

Kyle said...

About as likely heard as your vote.

And I didn't have to stand in line!

chris said...

I went "spread eagle" for that one.