6.08.2007

qc

(The following is an erruption that my scientifically employed bretheren will understand, and everyone else will probably not understand nor care to. For this, I envy them.)

For the millionth time...If there is any way at all to verify independently the integrity of your reagent...especially if said reagent is, you know, the drug (or in my case, growth factor) that you are supposedly looking at the effect of--you do it every f$&%ing time you crack open a new vial, even if the 25 before were fine, just fine, thank you. And you do it before you run experiments with it...NOT AFTER, DUMBASS!

Got it?

(I need a beer. And the last week of my life back.)

4 comments:

Brian said...

Oh, I am definitely the dumbass here.

Well, one of them.

RW said...

I am suddenly thankful for not being intelligent.

Gino said...

damn...
they cant even talk to us undereducated blue collar stiffs like that.
last time a supe called a dude a dumb-something-or-another: a union greivance was filed,and a written apology was posted on the board.

Brian said...

Well, that rant was self-directed...

...but also pretty mild, by academic research standards. I've been called worse for less.

It is rather difficult to get fired from most academic jobs...for better and worse...