10.22.2008

indy on lawson

The Independent has a great article on the only Republican for whom I intend to vote in a couple of weeks.

While I entertain no delusions that Mr. Lawson has much of a chance, and absolutely agree that the GOP needs to lose a lot this year, Lawson is exactly the kind of Republican I hope rises from the ashes of the militarist/fundamentalist coalition that currently runs the party.

Besides, no one's congressional seat should be as safe as Mr. Price's seems to be...

3 comments:

KeepDurhamDifferent! said...

I didn't expect an endorsement from the Indy, but I was pleased that they at least considered me a credible candidate.

By not endorsing Munger (anti drug war, anti death penalty, pro immigrants) the Indy has finally shown that they don't believe in the concept of progressive libertarians.

Gino said...

the GOP desparately needs a kick in the ass.
it was evident in their treatment of ron paul this year.


but why does anybody insist on calling big govt leftists "progressive"?

preserving and expanding the same failed policies of the past is not progress.

Brian said...

I have the print edition of the Indy on my desk, having picked it up on my way out of the Bull this evening...haven't read it yet, obviously...did they endorse anyone who wasn't a Democrat?

I have to say the profile of Lawson is at least a step forward from the spring when they wouldn't even make an endorsement in the GOP primary...especially considering that one of the two candidates (Lawson) was WAAAAY closer to the progressive side of things than the other guy...