10.29.2008

This reason piece is always worth a read (they do it before every presidential election). This year's questions are:

1. Who are you voting for in November?
2. Who did you vote for in 2004 and 2000?
3. Is this the most important election in your lifetime?
4. What will you miss about the Bush administration?
5. Leaving George W. Bush out of consideration, what former U.S. president would you most like to have waterboarded and why?

For an explicitly ideological magazine, the answers are really quite diverse.

(My answers, if you care, are Obama, Kerry and Browne L. Neil Smith*, no, being in my 20's, and Dick Cheney.)


*I was reminded that Browne wasn't actually on the ballot in AZ in 2000, due to internal LP politics in AZ. I had to look up the name of the guy I actually voted for.

4 comments:

Gino said...

1. nobody
2. bush, nobody
3.none of them are
4.the antics of the left
5.FDR, and then lincoln if time permitted

RW said...

1. Obama
2. In 2000-Browne. In 2004-Did not vote
3. No. That was 1972.
4. I will miss having a Democrat from Texas in the White House.
5. Carter. Started the decline we had to pull out of later, both internationally and internally. One of the two biggest Presidential disasters ever. The other one ends January 20.

P.S. - You can't have Cheney. he was never Prez.

Brian said...

You can't have Cheney. he was never Prez.

To subtle? Sorry, I'm firing my head joke writer now...

Besides...this was close enough, as far as I'm concerned...

RW said...

Ah. Perfectly subtle. Audience too dumb! :-)