9.18.2012

rambling

At this point I am actually troubled by the fact that Mitt Romney is turning out to be such an abysmally awful candidate. Because when he gets his ass handed to him  in a few weeks, Republicans will be able to blame him for it. And they should be blaming themselves. Contra Sullivan, I fear that they aren't going to learn a goddamn thing from this.

Speaking of the sorry state of the GOP: it occurs to me that the only way one can successfully fuse Christianity with Randianism is to select the worst elements of both: the nonsense metaphysics and moralism of the former, and the economics and social ethics of the latter.

I am still disappointed with Mr. Obama on a number of fronts. I would hardly call the choice in November a good one. But it is not one that I find particularly difficult.

No comments: