6.12.2006

niche markets

Balko gets an email:

There are some people that don't have a choice in where to go. I'm a gay male who is into large men, and in the area of Northern VA and DC there are 3 bars I can chose from, none of which are smoke free. So my choice is either deal with it or don't go out. I guess it's still a choice, but not the one you're thinking of. I myself am an-ex smoker, and don't mind the smoke so much. But it would be nice to hang out at the DC Eagle without the plumes of smoke all the time.


(sigh)

I know what he means. I spent most of my 20s looking for a bar populated with naught but witty, well-educated, height-weight proportional females who enjoy literature and football in equal measure, but they all allowed smoking. It's tough out there, I tell you.

No comments: