9.20.2006

hello!

The move seems to have gone off without any major hitches.

There have been about a million minor hitches, but seem to have weathered them all, so far. They include:

--A blown out tire on the rental truck...100 miles east of Tucson, which means about 100 miles from anyone that can help you...

--Hearing from my realtor while in Louisiana (of all places) that the piece of paper I thought would sign us up for flood insurrance did not, in fact, sign us up for flood insurrance.

--Having the our power cut off the day after closing because the people that were supposed to change the listing over to us did not do so. Which resulted in...

--Having to reschedule the cable hookup (which was originally scheduled during our blackout period which lasted most of yesterday).

--The cable guy noticing a gas leak (!) while working in the basement. (Thankfully, it was outside and promptly contained by the gas company.)

I think that's it. So far.

New job is cool, but overwhelming. I'm still getting used to the idea of actually commuting.

M is painting. A lot.

And I should probably go back to helping her...

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Glad to see you arrived in one piece.

And just in time for fall!

chris said...

How far is your commute? How's the feeling of overwhelming responsibility with respect to home ownership? How'd it feel signing your ass, balls, and first born over to the bank? How's it feel to totally screw over the bank if you never have a first born?

Brian said...

Actually, the neighborhood about 4 blocks east of my house has a pretty large Spanish-speaking population. (The dividing line is pretty stark, even for the south.) So it feels a bit more familiar. I have yet to find a decent taqueria, though.

To answer Chris's questions (in order): 10 miles, about 17-25 minutes depending on traffic; I don't feel any more responsible, just much more inclined to take my time fixing things up around the house and painting--also to spend more money on anything I intend to affix to the wall; terrifying, but I'm pretty good at not thinking about it much; and awesome.