10.11.2006

the perks of being back east

(And yes, NC is "back east" if your reference point is Arizona. Smartass.)

In travelling to the SFN meeting this weekend, I get to drive. Time was I would have jumped at the opportunity to take a 1-hr flight over a 7-hr drive, but the fact of the matter is that:

1) Under ideal circumstances, it would take me 30 minutes to drive and park at RDU plus an hour to check in and get through security relatively stress-free. This assumes no traffic problems and an on-time departure. Plus an hour for the flight. Plus 30 minutes absolute minimum to collect my bag at ATL. Plus another 30 to get where I'm going (assuming 'normal' traffic). So already we're at 3.5 hours if *nothing goes wrong*, and 4-5 is probably more realistic.

2) I don't have to sweat the amount or packaging of basic hygenic needs.

3) I get to bring my dog (admitedly, this wouldn't be the case if my parents didn't live in Atlanta)

4) Most importantly, I get to stop here for lunch.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

Hell yeah.

Anonymous said...

Hey from the Sweet Tea South.

What part of NC are you landing on? It will be nice to have a local reference for a Chasing Vincenzo recommended web-log.

Dan Patterson
Arrogant Infidel

Brian said...

Hi Dan,

I am one month in the Triangle. Durham to be exact.