10.09.2006

today in cognitive dissonance

On the way to the gym this evening, I heard a promo on NPR for today's Fresh Air, on which the topic would be the "Christian X-Games" movement. Which I thought was funny, because King of the Hill was all over that like, 3 years ago. Score one for pop culture!

It turns out today's show was actually about the "Christian Ex-gay" movement, which is much more serious, I suppose, and yet...no less silly...

Multiple media consumption does strange things to your brain. Also, riding around in a Jeep probably isn't very good for your hearing.

Speaking of the gym...setting up on a treadmill in front of the Fox News TV covering "THE NORTH KOREAN MENACE" while rockin' some Arch Enemy and Sepultura on the MP3 creates a total two minutes hate vibe. I felt like I should be cursing at the screen every time Kim Jong Il's face popped up.

This is doubly trippy at the Y, where there's Bible verses on the wall.

No comments: