12.01.2007

XXX

So I turned 30 a couple of weeks back and had been thinking I would have something to say to mark the occasion, some sort of semi-profound pronouncement, a glimmer of the accumulated acumen of my first three decades to reveal upon entering my fourth, a nostalgic reflection on what was and a melancholy meditation on what wasn't, a folksy fulcrum upon which to pivot into unadulterated adulthood.

Or failing that, I could at least string together some cool-sounding words in a marginally clever manner. Because the truth is that I've really got nothing here.

I guess what's different, if anything, is that I know it. Maybe that's the point.

I'll get back to you at 60 and let you know.

9 comments:

Gino said...

sorry, doc, but you are lil bit off yer rithmatic.

yer first three decades arent yet over.
on the good side, you still got another 11 1/2 months til you need to post on the 'accumulated acumen' of my your first three decades.

chris said...

Talk about a disappointing post with a title like that.

Brian said...

Gino--I don't think so...you're confusing me with the Gregorian calender, I think...

Chris--yeah, I'm shameless like that...

Gino said...

oops, yeah, yer right.

hey, i was in spalding last week.
just passing through.

RW said...

Cripes, I'd all but given up hope of seeing your birthday post and sort of forgot about it. Now I come back and I'm late. And then you say you got nothin. Well... that's one of the more passive birthdays I've ever seen.

Brian said...

By the time I got to writing about it I was sick of it.

This happens to scientists quite a lot actually.

Anonymous said...

So dramatic jeezuz

Brian said...

I thought it was pretty understated, myself...

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time, a person was considered a bonafide member of the "establishment" upon their thirtieth b/d. So congrats-- you're one of us now!

Mmwaaaaahahahahaha!