7.02.2006

memo to fox: your people should stick to bleaching their hair and making their mouths look like vaginas

To borrow a phrase from Radley Balko, making fun of Fox News anchors is like standing next to a barrel.

But I'm going to do it anyway. It's the weekend and I don't feel like working hard.

You do realize that the hosts of Fox and Friends are retarded, right? I don't mean "retarded" in that I don't agree with them, but genuinely, completely, DSM-IV certifiably Forrest Gump-Radio-Corky-retarded. I mean, how else do you explain this?

On the June 29 broadcast of Fox News Radio's Brian & The Judge, co-host Brian Kilmeade, who also co-hosts Fox News' Fox & Friends, suggested that the U.S. government should "put up the Office of Censorship," in the wake of reports in The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, and The Wall Street Journal detailing a Treasury Department program designed to monitor international financial transactions for terrorist activity. Similarly, during the June 29 edition of Fox & Friends, co-host E.D. Hill wondered if it would be appropriate for the U.S. government to create an "Office of Censorship." During an interview with Rep. J.D. Hayworth (R-AZ) about The New York Times report, Hill asserted that such an office, previously established during World War II by the Franklin D. Roosevelt administration, could screen news reports to determine whether they "hurt the country" or are of "news value."


Seriously, I defy you to watch 5 minutes of Fox and Friends tomorrow morning and not feel an impulse to go on a killing spree.

Anyway, I must apologize if anyone is offended by my use of the term "retarded". I did not mean to disparage the mentally handicapped by comparing them to Fox News personalities.

2 comments:

Fainne said...

That is indeed the most retarded thing I've heard in a while.

chris said...

Scary. Sounds like a page right out of Atlas Shrugged.