7.10.2006

while i'm being all politically correct...

--The electric car didn't die because the oil companies conspired against it, it died becuase it sucked.

--Whales aren't just highly intelligent, they're also nutritious and delicious.

--Here are the 10 least politically correct movies ever...I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing Sarah Silverman: Jesus is Magic yet, but I imagine it will be a contender to knock one of them out of the top 10. Which is refreshing, considering how old most of the movies on that list are.

2 comments:

chris said...

Is it bad that I've seen all but one of those movies? (and enjoyed them all?) Does that mean I'll have to see the one by the guy who screwed his "daughter?"

Brian said...

I've seen all but two: I haven't seen Kentucky Fried Movie or Bad Santa, but I will add them to my list.

I haven't seen Song of the South or Porky's for a very, very long time.

And actually, I just saw Love and Death a couple of weeks ago one night when I couldn't sleep (it was on at 3AM). It's very funny. And there's something I find oddly sexy about a young Diane Keaton doing much edgier humor than in Annie Hall...

Also in the "they don't make 'em like they used to" department, M and I watched an old (1967) French movie the other night called "Belle du Jour". It's about a newlywed who can't seem to get excited about her husband, indulges in all kinds of masochistic fantasies, and ends up working in a Parisian brothel while he's at work. It managed to be disturbing without being exploitative or explicit, something I think even French filmakers seem to have difficulty managing these days...