10.15.2007

which way is she spinning?



The answer is (allegedly) an indicator of hemispheric dominance. Don't read the rest until you have figured out which way she is spinning.








Don't worry...I'll wait.











Yeah I haven't figured out how to code a post with breaks. So sue me.












If she is spinning clockwise, your right hemisphere is more dominant; if she is spinning counter-clockwise, your left hemisphere is more dominant. If there isn't a (rather impressive) silhouette of a woman twirling around at the top the post, you need to update your web browser.

More on what this means here.

I think the left-brain/right-brain thing is a lot more complicated than popularly presented, but I do find it interesting to see how different people see this, and how it correlates (or not) with what they do for a living.

More interesting is whether you can make yourself see it both ways. As of posting, I cannot, and I find this infuriating.

Anyway, I see her spinning clockwise, which means I am right-hemisphere dominant and probably in the wrong career. But I already knew that.

What about you?

10 comments:

Gino said...

i see clockwise.

but i dont see how somebody who isnt on drugs could see it any different.

and if they do, i dont want then driving a car on the public roads.

Gino said...

dude, i'm on drugs!!!!!!!

she just changed directions.

this is a trick, aint it?
it aint my eyes.
its a fucking trick.
and then she toggeled back and forth. i know its in the code for the graphic.
has to be.

Gino said...

oh yeah...
you gonna be near henry round thanksgiving?

chris said...

No, it's for real. I can make her switch directions after practicing for a few minutes. The two tricks that worked best were watching the feet/shadow for a few seconds or strobing with my eye lids.

Initial was clockwise (from the top of her, but then that's where the guy belongs, especially if you're Catholic or Mormon)

What does that make me? Besides a loser for staring at an animated gif for more than 30 seconds?

RW said...

Saw her clockwise and then counter clockwise. This happened in seconds. It was the jumping up and down that freaked me out.

Brian said...

All three of you can make her switch! Damn it!

Seriously, it really bugs me that I can't do it.

Gino--not planning on it. Christmas?

Brian said...

I did it!
Only took 24 (non-continuous) hours...

rob said...

I see her go both ways too (so sexy). What does it say about you that it took so long? Is there a freudian analysis for this as well?

Gino said...

naw, Christmas is out of the question.
season will be near over by then.

chris said...

Ha ha. She goes both ways. I get it.