2.12.2008

he got game



My highly unscientific polling (which consists of watching the reactions in the Downtown Durham YMCA's locker room as the VA primary was called for Barack Obama approximate 30 seconds after the polls closed) predicts that 99% of likely male Democrat primary voters* support Barack Obama.

This poll has a 2% margin of error.

Seriously, reactions ranged from "So he creamed her. Good," to "woo-hoo!"

This is as good a time as any to point out that I agree with basically everything RW has to say here. And while Balko's post on voting for Ron Paul resonates with me, and as much as an utterly futile protest vote is consistent with my history and essential contrary nature--I am so done with the GOP War Party at this point that I can't even bear the thought of a strategic party affiliation.

(Which reminds me I have a form to fill out...)





*There are more Laplanders than Republicans in central Durham, as far as I can tell, and they probably work out somewhere else anyway. (The Republicans, I mean.) Really, this is a pretty decent sample, since the peak hour crowd at the Y is mostly people of professional age (30ish-60ish) and evenly mixed among black and white to boot.

3 comments:

RW said...

I exactly agree with RW too! Er...

Anyway, if nothing else, we can at least consider a paradigm shift, or some other cliche thingee...

Gino said...

aint no way in hell i'll be voting for him.
but i cant help liking him.

Marsosudiro said...

Maybe it's because Laplanders really like Durham food?