5.23.2008

bike commuting, day 2

Weather, scheduling, and (especially) my tendency to not wake up early enough have conspired to keep me off the bike for the last two weeks. But today was worth waiting for.

Little sun, no wind, no rain, and just south of 60° when I left the house. Also, this being Friday of a holiday weekend, traffic was lighter than normal. The signals through downtown (from Chapel Hill St. all the way down to Morehead) were green, green, green; I was on the ATT in no time. Even Cornwallis was a breeze...now I know where pedaling hard for momentum really pays off.

Time from my kitchen to my desk (including locking up and getting into my building): one hour, exactly.

PM Update--the last couple of miles home are downright blissful when you include a stop at Bull McCabe's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/umedia/20080508/cp.1950e1b07ed89270b17333df99aef38d