1.29.2008

b's election scorecard: better than most polls

I made some predictions last May about how the presidential primaries would play out. While not perfect (and they aren't over yet) I'd just like to point out the fact that Thompson amounted to a whole lot of nothing (just like I said he would) and that Republican primary voters really, really don't like Rudolph Giuliani (exactly as I pointed out that they wouldn't.)

McCain's resurgence is as awe-inspiring as it is surprising and utterly terrifying. And it only goes to confirm (albeit by completely different means than what I anticipated) my worst fears about today's GOP: that they are united around the cause of perpetual war and not a whole hell of a lot else.

So fuck them. Hard.

It also seems that I vastly underestimated Barak Obama. And at this point, I sincerely hope Sens. Clinton and McCain have as well.

Addendum--Oh and yes, there are two Americas. And neither of them will vote for John Edwards.

2 comments:

RW said...

McCain - Clinton would be a race between more of the same vs. the same old thing. Why even bother to watch, at that point?

Gino said...

yeah, i called that rudy was gonna get the nom.
i was wrong.
i gotta fess up to it.
but not til after i eat my double-double.