1.03.2008

swf, 23, seeking democrats for nsa fun in iowa after the cacuses

OK, now that I have your attention, Iowa Democrats:

If you really feel like you have a dog in the fight among Clinton, Obama, and Edwards (or if you feel you need to make a principled stand for Kucinich or Dodd--believe me, I empathize) then by all means, do so tonight.

But if not, then please consider that you have the opportunity to do something really special this evening. You can, by virtue of your residency, take a giant metaphorical dump in the oatmeal of Republicans everywhere, and especially the Fox News/GWB/26% crowd.

You can cross over and vote for Ron Paul.

Seriously--if you want to register a rebuke to the policies of the last 7 years, vote for Ron Paul. I know he's not perfect, I know he's been pandering to the xenophobes, that he isn't terribly sanguine about Roe v. Wade, and that he doesn't seem to buy into the whole evolution thing. Give the man a break--he is from Texas, after all.

Look inside your heart. You know that deep down, you want nothing more than to see GOP suck it, big time. Make your vote really count.

Thank you for your attention. Drive safe tonight, and stay warm.

And don't worry, I won't tell your wife you came looking here.

5 comments:

Barry said...

be careful. when you lie down with the dogs, you often wake up with fleas.

Brian said...

Come on, Barry...

There are plenty perfectly legitimate criticisms of Paul and his politics (I've mentioned three in this post--four if you count being from Texas, which I do) that can be made without resorting to a silly smear based on a webpage that any asshole could paste together.

You can do better.

Barry said...

I'm not criticizing Ron Paul. I'm saying that much of his support comes from a certain segment of the population. And there's a reason why that segment of the population supports him.

Ignore that at your own peril.

Brian said...

Yes, the white supremecist vote really is a force to be reckoned with these days, isn't it?

I'm all for a good argument, but this is just silly. Guilt by association? So much effort expended on candidate who doesn't have a chance in hell...

RW said...

The Taft Club is not a white supremacist organization. It's ties are out of the Pat Buchanan group and writers and editors of the American Conservative. They bring legitimate questions to the table regarding the constitutionality of special rights legislation the Left wants to push - like me - and I am not a white supremacist. I'm actually an isolationist America Firster who thinks Israel has too much influence on our government and that MLK was right when he wanted people to be judged on the content of their character. All of which makes me very sinister.